We have put together a list of sideloadable apps on the OUYA!
We will try to keep this list updated as often as possible.
Some apps have been reviewed already, click the link to read all about that app.
ENTERTAINMENT & UTILITIES –
– 1Mobile Market – Works great. Has additional apps not found in the Google Play store.
– Accuweather – Google TV version works great.
– AccuRadio – Alternative to Pandora.
– Adblock Plus – This APK can be successfully installed as well. Important for those of us that likes our sites ad free!
– Adobe Air
– Advanced Task Killer
– AirDroid – Allows you to upload files to your OUYA via your computers web browser. Download the APK at http://www.airdroid.com/– Amazon App Store – After installing this, you can download several other apps/games such as Plants Vs. Zombies and Netflix.
– Amazon App Store
– An2An Touch – Add touchscreen support to An2An Remote, to redirect touch actions from one Android device to another Android device through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi/Network.
– Antutu Benchmark
– Astro File Manager with Cloud – Useful file management app for browsing external storage. It works well, but has very limited gamepad compatibility. You mostly have to use the touchpad. “A” works as “back” (from xboxpants on reddit)
– AVG Antivirus
– BBC iPlayer – Works but requires BBC Media Player app installed as well.
– Bittorrent – Works great.
– Box.com – APK Version 2.0.1 works the best. Allows for 5GB of storage, compared to 2GB at Dropbox.
– BrassMonkey – Allows you to turn your phone into a game controller.
– Cars.com – Works well but is in a phone aspect ratio.
– CPSEmu 1.4 – Arcade Emulator. It works great with cps2 games.
– CPU-Z – Popular CPU identification tool.
– Crackle – Let’s you watch free movies.
– Dolphin Browser
– Drama Fever – From the Amazon App Store.
– DropBear SSH Server II – Free and Open-Source SSH Server for Android.
– DropBox – By installing this, it allows you to easily install APKs as well.
– Easy Uninstaller
– Easy Unrar Lite
– ePSXe – This PlayStation Emulator is said to work nicely.
– ES File Explorer – Useful file management app. You’ll probably need this to move files around from the download folder or to upload APKs and files via network. It’s primarily a touch app, so a mouse (the touchpad barely works) is recommended. http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html (from reddit)
– ESPN Scorecenter
– ES Task Manager – More on this app here.- F-Droid – An app store similar to the Google Play store, that is easily sideloadable. Just direct your OUYA browser to the APK at https://f-droid.org/FDroid.apk
– Expendable Rearmed – Doesn’t work well with OUYA controller, but does with Xbox controller.
– Falcon Pro – Interface is a little tricky with a controller.
– File Manager (Tablet Version) – This seems to work fine.
– Fios Mobile
– Fox News – Google TV version
– GameBoid – Gameboy Advance Emulator
– GBCoid – Gameboy (Color) Emulator
– Gearoid – Sega Game Gear Emulator
– Genplus Genesis Emulator – This is a Sega Genesis Emulator. There are a few things that need mapping, such as the start button. There is a demo of this running on OUYA via the NOVA Launcher on Youtube.
– Gensoid – Sega Genesis Emulator – Works Great on OUYA (with Genesis Modules… X32 and Mega CD isn’t working with the 2 Games I tested)
– Go Launcher
– Google Chrome
– Google Music
– HBO GO – Watch HBO shows if you have a subscription on your cable plan. It works, but the video quality is dreadful over Wi-Fi. Even if you use ethernet it’s mediocre at best. No gamepad compatibility (from xboxpants on reddit)
– Hulu Plus – This lets you watch movies and TV on your OUYA. You can find the APK on google. The tablet version works pretty well. You use the touch-pad and d-pad for selections. There is a demo of this running on OUYA via the NOVA Launcher on YouTube.
– Humble Bundle Library – If you’ve bought any Humble Android bundles, you can access them with this app. Most of them aren’t really playable with OUYA, but some should be. I still need to try out Machinarium. First time I opened it there was a crash at launch, but since then it has worked fine. I believe the link to this app is on your Humble Bundle account page (from xboxpants on reddit)
– Inertia: Escape Veolocity – Works and is playable, but needs the touchpad for menu stuff fairly regularly. The standard key layout is also pretty weird (trigger L1 for jump, for instance).
– John NES – NES Emulator is said to work fine
– JuiceSSH – SSH Client
– Kinoma Play
– LCARS UI
– Linpack for Android – Speed test your Android device and ROM with this standard CPU benchmark
– MaMe4All – Emulator that emulates over 2000 different rom sets.
– MAME4Droid – Emulator works very well.
– MAME4Droid Reloaded
– MLB At Bat
– MX Player
– MyBoy! GBA
– NEODroid – This GBA emulator is said to work with OUYA.
– Netflix – Watch Netflix movies and shows, as well as add/remove from your queue, all on your OUYA. You can grab the APK for this on xda-developers forum. There is a demo of this running on OUYA on YouTube.
– NOVA Launcher – This is a viable replacement for the OUYA launcher with lots of settings and intuitive options for layout. Getting around your side loaded content is so much faster using this launcher and getting to the system menu takes 1 button press. (from YouTube) Watch the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_O_b7ingM
– OnLive – The Cloud gaming app works pretty well on OUYA, after being side loaded. The OnLive controller also works very well.
– Open Launcher – It’s the open-source Google TV launcher called Open Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…droid.launcher. More details on this at https://plus.google.com/103979003219…ts/H3yZnsKLsEr)
– Pandora – The recent OUYA firmware patch has broken Pandora. The Pandora, in browser, however works great. Just point your web browser on OUYA to http://tv.pandora.com
– Plex – Version 3.0.92 runs well. No issues.
– PowerAmp – This music player works great. Version 0.8 works a lot better than 0.7.6.
– PPSSPP – This PSP emulator is said to work fine.
– QQPlayer – No XBMC, but it will play movies streamed from websites or your USB drive.
– Quick Office Pro – Works great with a keyboard.
– Reddit is Fun
– Reddit TV
– RetroArch – A good alternative for emulation while the OUYA Store fills up. It’s free and supports the major consoles (SNES, Genesis, TG16) and arcade systems (CPS1, 2, Neo Geo). Seems better to use a PS3 or Xbox controller with this (attached via USB). http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=235 (copied from reddit). Update: Downloading the APK from the play store on another device and backing it up will work for installing on the OUYA.
– Rocker Music Player
– Root Explorer
– RT News and More – This news app is said to work nicely.
– Seagate Media App – Works primarily with a Wi-Fi HDD bought from Seagate so you can access your Storage anywhere with internet.
– Slacker Radio – Touchpad needed.
– SoundCloud – This allows you to listen to music and such on your OUYA. There appears to be some lag, but it works. There is a video of this running on OUYA on Youtube.
– Speedtest.net – Test the speed of your connection. Useful to see whether you should be using ethernet or if Wi-Fi is fine. It doesn’t display full-screen, and it doesn’t have any gamepad support, but using the touchpad works fine (from xboxpants on reddit)
– Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop – Works great if you have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
– Subsonic Music Streamer
– SwannView – Terminal IDE – An expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit.
– Tiger Arcade – Neo Geo & Capcom Play System I & II emulator
– Titanium Backup – Great for installing backups from other devices (ie. my phone). Pro version won’t verify.
– Total Commander
– TVCatchUp – Works nicely.
– Uae4all2 – Amiga 1200 emulator works great
– UAE4droid – This Amiga emulator is said to work.
– uTorrent – Allows you to find and download torrents directly to your OUYA.
– Veetle – This app that allows you to broadcast and watch live video works nicely.
– Viki: Global TV – Works great
– WonderDroid – A Bandai WonderSwan (Mono & Color) emulator.
– XBMC – The universal media player. This alpha version is hardware accelerated and works pretty well (not sure about 1080p content). Navi-X and YouTube seems to be a bit buggy, though. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005 (Updated link is next to “Download this build”) (from reddit)
– Yahoo Sports – From Amazon App store. Touchpad needed.
– YouTube for Google TV – Great, controller-friendly interface. Get the APK at: http://d-h.st/HsD
– YuppTV – Google TV version works.
– Angry Birds – Works great with Logitech mk250 (keyboard and mouse combination)
– Another World – Works with controller buttons (for menu and in game)
– Arma Tactics THD
– AVP: Evolution
– Beach Buggy Blitz – This is downloaded from the Amazon App Store, and works very well.
– Beginning – Demo by Elude (http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=60242)
– Beyond Ynth
– Burn Zombies Burn
– Cordy 1
– Cordy 2
– Covenant Of Solitude – Works great. Just have to use the touchpad to get out of a menu.
– Crash Bandicoot – Works on OUYA using a PS3 Controller.
– Dante’s Inferno – Works fully. Touch pad needed for menus.
– Dead on Arrival 2
– Dead Trigger – Works fine except for app purchases.
– Dice Player – Plays everything, even 1080p, with no issues.
– Drag Racing – Works well with triggers to shift.
– Dynamite Jack – Plays well using the analog stick or D-Pad. In the settings, you map whatever buttons you like in keyboard shortcut setting.
– Eve of Genesis – Nice old-school jrpg. Controller seems to be fully supported.
– Gailardia – Works perfectly. Fully supports the controller. This is a very nice old-school jrpg. I recommend this to any RPG fan, and it’s free!
– Galaxy Hero – Works perfectly. Controller fully supported.
– GBikes – Version 1.15 is said to work great.
– Gloomy Dungeons 3D – Version 2013.03.07.0416 – (Doom Knockoff) works great using included key mapping.
– Grand Theft Auto III – Works with controller support.
– Grand Theft Auto Vice City – Works with controller support.
– Great Little War Game – The left stick/D-Pad to move the screen around. You need to use the touch pad to select units, it’s easy and intuitive. It almost feels like this game was made to be played with the OUYA controller.
– Gunman Clive – Works fine.
– Helium Boy
– Illusia – You’ll need to use the touch screen for some things but the game is perfectly playable.
– INC: The Beginning
– Jet Set Radio
– Karoshi – Must use touchpad to jump but works well.
– Kingdom of Drakkar
– KEMCO – (All their RPGS)
– Light Racer 3D
– Lode Runner X
– Max Payne – Works nicely.
– Mechanics Touch
– Meritous – Version 0.0.2 (weird top down rpg) has graphic glitches in menus, but is playable with controller. I’m not sure what the audience for this game is. It’s a blue monochrome single character game that didn’t interest me enough to read the huge guide on psi power.
– Metal Slug 3 – From Humble Bundle. Works but you can’t continue after you die for some reason.
– Mini Army
– Mini Plane
– Mos Speedrun
– Nimble Quest
– Pac Man
– PacMan Championship Series
– Plasma Sky
– Plague Inc.
– Prince of Persia Classic – Works great once you change the control method in the options.
– OpenArena – Works well.
– OpenBOR (the open-source Beats of Rage engine) – Unpack the 7z and move the APK from the ANDROID-debug folder and side load it on your OUYA. You can find APKs for OpenBOR by using our good friend Google. When you run OpemBOR for the first time it should create a folder tree /sdcard0/OpenBOR/APKs and if not, then the folders need to be created manually. This folder is where you will store your APK files. You can download it at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gv17zu4f5…ZqByz/releases
– Quadropus Rampage
– Quell – Works great with Logitech mk250 (keyboard and mouse combination)
– Radiant HD – Cool retro space shooter kind of like a mix between Galaga and Space Invaders. Fully supports the controller.
– Razor Salvation
– Riptide GP – Works pretty good.
– RRHOID – Demo by Kewlers (http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=59617)
– SHADOWGUN – Only the extension pack works though. “The Leftovers” is currently working.
– Shinerunner – Works great (from Amazon App Store). You must select gamepad from the controls menu.
– Sketchbook Squad
– Sonic 4 Episode I – Requires touchpad only in main menu.
– Sonic 4 Episode II – Work fine.
– Sonic The Hedgehog – Works fine.
– Sonic CD – Works perfectly.
– Smurfs Village – Works great with Logitech mk250 (keyboard and mouse combination)
– Space Trooper USA
– Spinkle Islands
– Stardash – Works perfectly. Fully supports the controller. Old-school side-scroller.
– Super Daddio FREE – Works fine, but you need the touchpad for menus.
– Super Drill Panic
– Super Hexagon – Works will with the analog stick or d-pad.
– Symphony of Eternity – Fully supports the controller. Decent old-school jrpg.
– Symphony Of The Origin – Works well. Requires touchpad for menus.
– TeeWorlds – Version 0.6.2.11 works fine with controller, and it also connects to servers easily.
– The Conduit HD
– The Spear of Destiny
– Time Chaos
– Turbo Fly HD
– Virtua Tennis Challenge
– Warspear Online – Requires minor use of touchpad.
– Wind-up Knight
– Wolfenstein 3D
– Zenonia (1-5) – Fully playable with the controller, although movement lags at times.
– Zen Pinball HD – Works great.
– Zombie Driver THD – Works (custom gamepad configuration included)
Please feel free to leave a comment, if you need any help sideloading an app.